Psychologist Felix Economakis uses a pragmatic solution-focused approach to couples therapy that cuts straight to the heart of the matter without the need for further time spent in sessions. His approach involves:
- Identifying the real underlying messages present in communication which are often missed
- Rapid processing of past hurts and grievances allowing individuals to be able to move on past old sticking points
- A practical goal-focused approach that gets couples to understand their unmet needs in the relationship and then be clear about what needs to happen for those needs to be met
- Practical advice and tips to foster empathy, reduce misunderstandings and misinterpretations and to communicate to your partner in a way that will get through to them
- Go on the defensive as soon as you meet your partner
- Do you find yourselves continually talking at cross purposes
- Do you find you misinterpret and misunderstand each other frequently
- Do you find you no longer trust your partner's motives or intent
- Do you wonder if your relationship is right for you
- If you are a couple, has your sex life diminished because of bad feelings between you
If so your relationship could benefit immensely from relationship counselling. Please note that relationship counselling can refer to improving relationships between other family members (e.g. between parents and children; or between siblings, work colleagues or even between best friends) and not just between romantic partners.
The Benefits of Relationship Counselling
- Reconnecting to the positive qualities about the person you are in a relationship with.
- Feeling more at ease now that suppressed problems have finally been addressed and resolved
- Re-engaging in more couple-time, enjoying spending time in the company of each other
- A re-kindled sex life for couples
Contact us for relationship counselling and advice Today.